3 Cups Cooked Quinoa
1 Pomegranate, deseeded
4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
12 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
1/2 Cucumber, diced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice -or- juice from 1 Lemon
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Zest from 1 Lemon
1/2 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
1. Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
2. Deseed Pomegranate by cutting it in half. Hold 1/2 of the pomegranate in the palm of your hand, cut side down, with fingers spread wide so that seeds can fall out through the cracks between your fingers. Hold pomegranate over a bowl and whack the top of it hard with a wooden spoon. Seeds should start to fall out. If they are not falling out, you are not hitting it hard enough. Keep whacking the pomegranate until all the seeds have been released. Repeat process with the other half. Add water to the bowl of seeds and stir around. Unwanted pulp will float to the top. Remove pulp. Drain seeds and set aside.
3. Chop remaining vegetables.
4. Combine Quinoa, Pomegranate Seeds and Vegetables. Set aside.
5. In a seperate bowl, combine Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar and Zest from 1 Lemon. Add to the Quinoa mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
6. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
7. Add 1/2 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds and toss. If you want to toast your own almonds, add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil to a pan and cook Slivered Almonds over medium heat, stirring often, until almonds are golden brown.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.